Links

Credits

  Distributed by:
Template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Like God

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I’ve always wondered what God is like. I’ve aired out some of my views on the nature of God (from my point of view) but lately I’ve been trying to contemplate on why he created the universe, on why he created the world, and on why he created human kind. And these passed few days as I have spent time to do an artwork for this competition I am joining, I have realized that I’m an artist just like God himself. I have realized that perhaps God is just a higher level artist. One of his infinite number of powers that built the universe is creativity. And I have been chosen to possess and hone this power. This realization lead to the belief that I am closer to God than I thought I was. Embracing art means embracing God himself.

I believe that everyone was born with the ability to create. That everyone is a natural born artist. However not everyone has the courage to trudge down the path of artistry for several reasons. First, artistry is more addicting than coke (the one that’s sniffed not drank). Once you “touch” art, and let art “touch” you, it has a tendency to overpower you. Second, 89% of artists around the world declare bankruptcy at the age of 25, 5% are thrown to the asylum, 2% die of tuberculosis, 4% succeed. Third, some people think they’ll never be good enough. And the list goes on and on. And because of these several reasons, they walk a step away from God.

By being an artist we become like God. We, even as individuals can cause that big ripple of change in the world through our art. We can even create a whole new universe, a whole new realm if we want to. But God being the ultimate artist, he can create his own raw materials to give life to his art, we, as lower artists, we use his pre-made materials to create our own art. Walking away from art means walking away from being “like” God.

Why did God create the universe? why did he create the world, and why did he create human kind? As an artist, having part of God in me, I believe I have come up with the answers to these questions. An artist creates not because he wants to impress the world. He creates not because he wants to cause change in the world. He creates not because he wants to create a whole new universe. He creates because it makes him happy. And he wants to share this happiness to the rest of the universe.

posted by Cris Rene Denopol at 5:42 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Like God
simple hit counter