Links

Credits

  Distributed by:
Template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Prisoner

Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Yes, I may have wings but I could not fly. I have a beautiful voice but I cannot sing. A beautiful face that no eye can behold. And tears overflowing that no one can ease. Imprisoned by the talons of a griffin. Oh what misery! Oh what horrible death to die while still living! I face the east, waiting for each sunrise, with each drop of hope swallowed by the barren ground upon which I sit. And everything that surrounds me is emptiness and darkness.

"Will there be a day that I shall flee?" I ask myself.

I recall, passed two days. I was with my new friend. I watch her weep as I commence my quest. The quest for my lord. I know that somewhere beyond the wilderness that lay ahead are the answers to my question. Therefore I flee from her side. Leaving behind a promise that I shall come back on the exact same spot where I left her not longer than three days. But when I reached the other side of the wilderness, there were no answers. But amidst the desolate barren desert stood a griffin, sturdy and strong.

"Life ends here. Step no further." Declared the griffin.

I told him about my quest. And she replies with a bargain.

"Whatever answers you seek, I have them. I shall grant thee answers but pay with answers." She says.

I respond with a questioning face.

"I tell thee riddles, and grant me my answers. And tell me thy riddles and I shall grant thee thy answers." She adds.

I answered her every riddle but none of mine were answered. She grabs me by my wings and imprisoned me within her talons. She finds amusement in my wisdom. And she shall not set me free. Thus doomed to answer her riddles for all eternity.

I am worried. My friend awaits for my return.
posted by Cris Rene Denopol at 2:20 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Prisoner
simple hit counter