Links

Credits

  Distributed by:
Template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

A Step back to move onwards

Tuesday, December 27, 2005
I've made a lot of stepping back in my life in order to move forward. One, and I would trully consider the biggest "step back" that I've made is going back to college. It did me a lot of good. And I would say, it was, by far, the best decision I have ever made in my life. I wouldn't have gotten interessted in Computer Graphics if I didn't go back to college. Today, I have decided to make another step back. Maybe this is not really as drastic and as huge but it would definitely affect my behavior and skill as an artist (CG artist). I want to go back to sketching. And I have Ethan to thank for. He quoted Bansky in one of his blog entries. And I'd like to quote him again:

"All Artists are willing to suffer for their work. But why are so few prepared to learn how to Draw?" -Banksy

Maybe I'm guilty of what Bansky would call "unpreparedness". Whenever I wanna do CG, I just wanna jump into my "cockpit" and "get it on". I am actually willing to spend sleepless nights doing it but just when I am about to finish, I come up with an art that I thought was unplanned. And I wish that I could still do something better. But I've done too much already to give it up. So, my only choice is to finish that artwork. It comes out good, but not quite what I had in mind.

Sometimes, I feel my inner artist calling. I wanna do something but I don't wanna sit in front of my computer. I don't wanna draw either because I gave that up a long time ago. I just thought that my "art" took another form, which is CG. But now, I've realized that I always love sketching. When I was in grade school, I was so obsessed in drawing, and I thought, someday, I'm going to give them life. In a form of an animation. I've always imagined how my drawings would look like when they are animated.

Although I've stopped sketching on a regular basis, whenever I find the time to sketch, I am quite amazed that my skill is still improving. I have realized that once you're an artist, you're an artist forever. So now, I think my talent hasn't really "evolved". Perhaps, the right word would be, "Augmented." I think what happened here is that I have gained a new skill. And that's CG. And CG is just there to enhance what skill I already had, which is sketching. So, I'm off to the bookstore to buy a new sketchbook and a pencil!!!

Haaay...merci beaucoup pour mes talents mon dieu!!!
posted by Cris Rene Denopol at 10:53 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for A Step back to move onwards
simple hit counter