Links

Credits

  Distributed by:
Template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

A Prayer

Saturday, January 28, 2006

This is my personal prayer to God. I hope that whoever reads this blog entry would be inspired to write his or her own prayer too. Because even when we often ignore the guy, or even when we think that he’s just some hallucination or even when we often blame him for the many misfortunes in our lives, he’s just there, watching our every move, doing as much as he can to make our lives better. And I think he deserves that simple “thank you”.


For the early morning nags that made me see how beautiful a mother’s love is,

For the occasional fatherly hammering that forces me to work harder,

For the most infuriating younger brother that turned a handful of patience into an immeasurable one,

For the semi-unbearable perpetual summer heat that made me appreciate the cold nights,

For the annoying rainy days that made going to school unglamorous and yet had made me realize that heaven’s not too far to reach,

For the many failures that made me see that when I made the mistake, I actually had a choice,

For love that came and walked away, that made me see life glow with such vivid color,

For friends who laughed and cried with, and whom I also laughed with and cried with,

For strangers who had done much kindness, and that they didn’t know the value of it to me,

For my guardian angel who never says a word whenever I make a mistake but pats my back whenever I do the right thing,

For the unperfect life that made me look up at the night sky and say “someday, I’m going to be giving light to the world amongst the stars…”

For forgiveness that comes along the tides of time, even when it is not being asked,

For the world that has become my huge playground,

For war that had made peace the most precious commodity,

For Jesus who died in the cross, who had made me feel like I’m not just a single soul but an invaluable gem,

For making me feel like I need not be afraid because somewhere in the dark, there’s a light,

Thank you.

With all my heart and with all my spirit.

Amen.

posted by Cris Rene Denopol at 8:57 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for A Prayer
simple hit counter